Board of Directors
MEFIC’s Board is comprised of nine Directors representing some of the most influential and well-known business and financial leaders in the Middle East region.
Mr. Bandar Abdulrahman Almohanna
Chairman and Independent Member
Master of Financial and Actuarial Mathematics UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN-ANN ARBOR , MICHIGAN
Bachelor of Science in Accounting KING SAUD UNIVERSITY, SAUDI ARABIA
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION & MEMBERSHIPS
- Chartered Financial Analyst Candidate (CFA) level III
- Certified Financial Advisor by the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Member of the CFA Institute, Virginia, USA
- Member of CFA Society, Virginia, U.S.A.
NATIONAL AVIATION SERVICES COMPANY (NAS), RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA
Group CEO NAS Holding 2015 to present Deputy CEO-Shared Services
Chief Financial Officer
MAKSHAFF INVESTMENT AND SERVICES LIMITED, RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA
Group Senior Financial Analyst, Finance Department
SAUDI ARABIAN MONETARY AGENCY, RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA
Banking Examiner, Banking Inspection Department
Treasury Accountant, Treasury Department
Mr. Adel Muhammed El-Labban
Vice Chairman of the Board and Member
• Master of Arts in Economics from the American University in Cairo (AUC) G.P.A.: 4.0 (Academic Fellow). 1980
• Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the American University in Cairo (AUC).G.P.A.: 4.0 (Highest Honors). 1977
• (11/2000 – present)Group CEO & Managing Director of Ahli United Bank BSC (AUB), Bahrain.
• (1999-2000) Chief Executive Officer & Director of the United Bank of Kuwait PLC, London.
• (1995-1999) Managing Director (since 12/95 previously General Manager & Board Member) – Commercial International Bank S.A.E. (“CIB”) Cairo, Egypt.
• Ahli United Bank BSC.
• Ahli United Bank SAE (Egypt) Acting Chairman.
• Ahli Bank SAOG (Oman) First Deputy Chairman.
• Commercial Bank of Iraq ISC (CBIQ) Deputy Chairman.
• United Bank for Commerce & Investment LSC (Libya) Deputy Chairman.
• Ahli United Bank (UK) Plc.
• Ahli United Bank KSC (Kuwait).
• Bahrain Association of Banks (BAB).
• Board member – Middle East Financial Investment Co. -MEFIC (2009 ~ 2012).
• Board member – Bahrain Stock Exchange (2008 ~ 2010).
Mr. Hisham Zaghlool
• Bachelor of Economics, Faculty of Economics & Political Science English Section -Cairo 2001.
• Sr. General Manager Corporate Banking & Financial Institutions, Ahli United Bank- Kuwait ( Oct 2012- Present)
• Head of Corporate Banking, United Bank for Commerce & Investment¬ Libya (2010- 2012)
• Head of Corporate Banking, The Bank of Kuwait & Middle East- Kuwait (2008 - 2010)
Commercial Bank of Iraq ( CBIQ) – Iraq (present).
Kuwait & Middle East Financial Investment Company (KMEFIC)- Kuwait (present).
Mr. Mohammed Omar AlBesher
- Master Science in Finance George Washington University School of Business - Washington, DC, USA
- BS in Business Administration -specialization: Finance King Saud University. Saudi Arabia
• Investment Manager at The Arab Investment Company (TAIC), KSA
• Assistant Director in Risk and Internal Audit Advisory Services – Ernst and Young (EY) Riyadh
• Credit Insurance Unit .Saudi Export Program (SEP) Acting Manager. Credit Insurance Unit
• Sales Manager. Saudi Basic Industries Corporation.(SABIC)
Current board memberships
• A board member of The National Trigeneration CHP Company (NTCC)- Saudi Arabia.
• A board member of The Middle East Financial Investment Company (MEFIC)- Saudi Arabia.
• A board member of The Arab Company for detergent chemicals (ARADET) – Iraq
• A board member (Chairman) of Broker Care Insurance & Reinsurance Broker (BCare) – Saudi Arabia
Membership in Professional Organization and Advisory Boards
• Member of the Executive Committee of The National Trigeneration CHP Company
• Member of the Investment Committee for The Arab Investment Company (TAIC),
• Member of the Nominations and Remunerations Committee (MEFIC)
Mr. Abdullah Mahmoud Al-Lanqawi
- MBA – Maastricht Business School – 2015.
- Bachelor degree in Business Management, Kuwait University-2006.
• Deputy Treasurer (present).
• Head of Treasury Sales (2011-May 2014 ).
• Secretary for Asset & Liabilities Committee (present).
• Fund Manager in Al-Amin Money Market fund (present).
• Senior Dealer/KWD Money Market Desk (2008-2009).
• Treasury Corporate Dealer (2006-2007).
• Kuwait Financial Market Association.
• Member of Union Kuwaiti Banks.
• Member of ACI Union – UK.
Mr. Ali Abdulrahman Al-Subaihin
Independent Board Member
37 years of professional experience in the industrial and commercial fields, in addition to his managerial experience in executive management in finance and management.
Bachelor of Systems Engineering King Fahad University of Petroleum and Minerals, SAUDI ARABIA.
Specialized training in Finance at the University of Houston, Executive Development at Northwestern University (Kellogg School of Management), Harvard Business School, INSEAD France and IMD Switzerland.
- Chief Executive Officer of Tawuniya.
- Assistant in Cooperative Insurance Company.
- General Manager of Financial and Commercial Services.
- Vice President of Marketing and Sales and Executive Director of Petrochemicals (SADAF).
- General Manager of Financial and Information Services
Mr. Yousef Sulaiman Al-Rajhi
Independent Board Member
Bachelor Degree of Science in Finance -King Fahad University of Petroleum and Minerals, SAUDI ARABIA.
CORPORATE EXECUTIVE / SENIOR MANAGEMENT ROLES:
- Chairman of Al-Rajhi International - More Than 26 Companies in the Middle East and Asia.
- Chairman dr.Cafe Coffee – A Leading International Cafe Brand Originated in Saudi Arabia.
- Chairman YR Capital – YR Global Investment and Development Company in Singapore.
- Chairman YR Retail - Retail and Underdeveloped Business and Investments in Malaysia.
- Chairman Multi-different Companies.
- General Manager of Sulaiman Al-Rajhi Trading Company.
- Deputy General Manager Sulaiman Al-Rajhi Trading Company.
ADDITION TO MEMBERSHIP OF CORPORATE BOARDS AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEES:
- Managing Director of Various Private Ltd.
- Member, Board of Directors Sulaiman Al-Rajhi Foundation / Awqaf Sulaiman Al-Rajhi Holding Co.
- Member, Board of Directors Al-Watania Industries.
- Member, Board of Directors Sulaiman Al-Rajhi Charity.
- Member, Board of Directors Sulaiman Al-Rajhi Trading Company.
- Member, Board of Directors Al-Watania Agriculture.
- Member, Board of Directors Sulaiman Al-Rajhi Investment Company.
- Member, Board of Directors Al-Rajhi Holding Company.
- Member, Board of Directors United Manajem Company.
- Member, Board of Directors Sulaiman Al-jouf Agricultural Development (Public Ltd.Co.)